Saturday, December 24, 2005

First Cup of Coffee / Sense of Humor

Opinion Journal has an excellent interview with Susette Kelo, of Kelo v. New London fame, this morning.

Betsy Newmark has some great articles this week, but this one in particular caught my attention regarding Kofi Annan. I think the pressure's getting to him. I've been meaning to blogroll her, maybe I'll do that today. Mildly interesting trivia: Kofi Annan went to college in St. Paul, Minnesota, at Macalester College.

From WorldNetDaily, (THFT: But I Can Hear You) The GOP Grinches Stole Christmas. Y'know... *sigh* whatever. I just read "The Night Before Christmas to my wife, mother-in-law, and my baby (who I'm told can now distinguish sounds) last night. We bought book which had the original poem as it appeared in the newspaper almost a century ago illustrated in black and white. It's gorgeous! I can see that this will be a tradtion for our family.

This Democrat thing is a flailing attempt at being clever. How's that working out for you, Dems?
"What's that?" they ask.
"Being clever."
"Oh... fine."
"Well, keep it up, then."

I was going to be offended before I raised an eyebrow, shook my head and realized it was just silly and juvenile. If you want funny political humor, check out JibJab. They make fun of everybody! Nothing more American than that!
2-0-5, Second Term, Good to be in DC and This Land are my favorites. Don't really click the picture to launch, click the link, because it actually works.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gayle bloody well said...

"This Democrat thing is a flailing attempt at being clever. How's that working out for you, Dems?
"What's that?" they ask.
"Being clever."
"Oh... fine."
"Well, keep it up, then."

Now that's clever, RS! :)

Merry Christmas!

24 December, 2005 10:43  
Blogger Little Miss Chatterbox bloody well said...

I loooooooooooove the Jib Jab videos. Especially the first one they did about W and Kerry. I can't remember the name of it. The Bush RNC guy I worked with on the campaign in 2004 loooved everytime Bill Clinton got slapped.

24 December, 2005 12:30  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home