Monday, December 05, 2005

Soft Target

It's easy to call attention to a person's flaws. A wise man once said, "There's nothing more exhilirating than pointing out the shortcomings of others is there?" I'm going to do it anyway, mostly because I'm tired and have had half a bottle of a nice syrah. Howard Dean is an easy target, but he brings it on himself.

Dean: U.S. Won't Win Iraq (TFHT: Michelle Malkin)

Dean toes the party line about how Iraq is exactly like Vietnam and the controversy over pre-war intelligence is George Bush's Vietnam. The only part of that insinuation that bears any resemblance to actual history is how thousands of people have died in a war that the previous administration completely hosed up. I've said it before: these people have been at war with us since 1948. Only in 2001 did we finally realize that we should be also be at war with them. At least when the final big wake-up call came, the Bush Administration took a round turn and came up with a way to handle the situation apart from ignoring it, or treating terrorists as criminals.

Dean claims 80% of Iraqis want America out of Iraq. Who knows if that's true? Polls in the U.S. are rarely fair or representative of actual public opinion; Dean doesn't even cite a reference. Because he cites a percentage, because he says the word, "perecent", he is automatically credible? Have we forgotten who we're talking about here?

What is this "redeployment" nonsense Democrats are talking about, anyway? Sounds like a good idea, doesn't it? It is a euphemism for "withdraw." I've never heard of redeployment, but if I was told I was going to be redeployed, I would think I'd be going to perform my duties elsewhere. For the Democrats, that means what? Somewhere safe? Canada, perhaps? They'd never see that coming!

He even says it in the article. Bring 80,000 Reserve troops home, put 20,000 more grunts on the ground in Afghanistan. The reserve troops "don't belong in a conflict like this anyway"? Just who the hell does he think he is? Listen, I won't speak for PFC Schmuckatelli who thought the G.I. Bill sounded like a hell of a good deal, but our Reservists are NOT Pauly Shore and Andy Dick in "In The Army Now". The majority are brave folks who wanted to do something for thier country when their country really needed them. The reason we have reservists is for the interesting times when the all-volunteer professional force is stretched and needs a little back-up. These folks are just as courageous as our regulars and deserve some respect. And who are YOU, Mr. Dean, to presume to know where these men and women belong and do not belong. Fighting for freedom is every American's responsibility, not just the military.

Are they completely oblivious to consequences of their poorly chosen words and ill-informaed ideas? I'd like to believe that regardless of position, our leaders have the best interests of America at heart, just different methods in mind. I'm slowly coming around to the idea that the Democrat party and most of the people in it only care about thier careers and how best to forward them regardless of the consequences. Howard Dean and the Democrat Party has no idea what it takes to win a war, but they sure know how to lose one.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Gayle bloody well said...

You said: " I'm slowly coming around to the idea that the Democrat party and most of the people in it only care about their careers and how best to forward them regardless of the consequences." Yay! Welcome. Sounds like you are becoming a true conservative! Your are absolutely right-on in this post and I congratulate you!

The only agenda of the left is to disparage our President, and disregard the accomplishments made in Iraq. Dean is totally lying when he says 80% of Iraqi's want us out of Iraq. Correction, they want us out of Iraq as soon as they are safe . They do not want us to leave them holding the bag, so to speak, and I have been to enough active Army blogs to know of what I speak.

Howard Dean is a lier, and as far as I am concerned, a traitor to this country, as are all Americans who don't support us during a time of war. Democrats don't have any plan whatsoever other than to blame America and Bush in particular for everything... but they have no alternative suggestions other than tucking our tail between our legs and running like cowards. I have no use for them.

It's a good post. Keep up the good work! :)

06 December, 2005 09:18  
Blogger Gayle bloody well said...

By the way, I'm going to link you to my blogs.

06 December, 2005 09:21  
Blogger Little Miss Chatterbox bloody well said...

Awesome post. Very well said.

06 December, 2005 11:52  
Blogger A Christian Prophet bloody well said...

Please pray for Howard Dean and his allies. They are so blinded by their dogma and hatred. According to the Holy Spirit's message on The Christian Prophet blog, the U.S. has already achieved great spiritual victories in Iraq. We need a Democratic Party that is spiritually attuned and seeing clearly. Please pray.

06 December, 2005 14:43  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

Well thanks, Gayle, I'm glad to have you.

Let me be clear: It is my opinion most politicians are in it for themselves, regardless of what party they belong to. Maybe I should've phrased it differently. I used to try to convince myself taht no matter how stupid things get in Washington, our elected representatives love this country as much as I do and want to do right by it. What I posted doesn't mean I trust Republicans or any government official implicitly. Including the President. If I could teach one thing in a public school, it would be a healthy distrust of government.

People are not inherently selfless, it's an unnatural state. I agree with Republicans more often than not, but they put their pants on one leg at a time, just like anyone else.

Ever since I gained an appreciation for what's going on in the world, I have considered myself a conservative. That doesn't mean that I hate liberals, or think they're evil. I think a true conservative believes in the best in people; which is why I try to understand that liberals have a flawed view of the world which manifests itself in the causes they support.

So what I'm saying is that based on the behavior of the majority of the Democrat Party since 9/11, it seems that they have forgotten about reality and slid back into CYA politics, doing whatever they can to get elected and saying thinks that charge up the moonbats, while alienating the rest of America. They think the moonbats are their ticket to a comfy government job, I think they're wrong.

06 December, 2005 16:24  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home