Friday, January 13, 2006

Survey Says

There are more posts today, feel free to scroll down until your heart is content. - Matt

I just got a phone call just now (about ten seconds ago) from ABC 6 news in Providence asking me to take a telephone poll. I'd just like ABC 6 to know that not every question is "yes" or "no".

Here's what I was asked and my answers:

Do you approve of the job George Bush is doing?
Approve
: Disapprove : Don't Know

Do you approve of the job Don Carceri is doing?
Approve : Disapprove : Don't Know
(I've all but stopped paying attention to Rhode Island politics; the sheer lunacy of southern New Englanders floors me everytime I turn on a local talk show. This is also a topic for another time, when my vexedness meter pegs - Matt)

Do you approve of the job Jack Reed is doing?
Approve : Disapprove : Don't Know

Do you approve of the job Lincoln Chaffee is doing?
Approve : Disapprove : Don't Know
(Lincoln Chaffee is a useless POS who gets by on his father's good name. He's the coward RINO who in 2004 wrote in George H. W. Bush for president as though he was making some kind of statement other than, "The Republican Party needs me like a fish needs a bicycle." Just the way things work in southern New England, you get by based on who you're related to or who you know, rather than on your own merit. Think of other Rhode Island or Massachusetts politicians you know and tell me I'm wrong. - Matt)

Do you approve of the job your representative is doing?
Approve : Disapprove : Don't Know
(I couldn't tell you whether Rep. Crenshaw has done anything useful lately, I'm sad to say. - Matt)
(EDIT: Oh, wait a second, he just got me a pay raise! Go Rep. Crenshaw!)

Do you think the stock market will go up or down next year?
Yes : No : Don't Know
(Give me a break, you're asking the average Rhode Islander to prognosticate what the stock market is going to do a year out? Even professional financial analyists can't do that. By "stock market" do they mean Dow Jones? NASDAQ? Tokyo? I suppose they're attempting to measure economic optimism, but I went the fact that, on average over the long term, the "stock market" has a tendency to rise. - Matt)

Has anyone in your immediate family contracted the avian flu?
Yes : No : Don't Know
(Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! - Matt)

Then the standard demographics, one of which I got wrong due to pressing the wrong key (I'm a conservative, not a moderate) and one which I couldn't answer properly based on principle (race - oh, sure, if I held the believe that society wants to pound into my brain that race exists anywhere other than in our heads, then I could say "white." I refuse to label myself in that particular manner). This is how the MSM gets such weird ideas about what the average person thinks about things. If you don't already, take these polls with a grain of salt.

4 Comments:

Blogger echotig bloody well said...

So, "Do you think the stock market will go up or down next year?" Is a Yes or No question? How funny! Of course the answer is yes. It will go up or down. ha!


This is my first visit to your blog, although I have read many a good comment from you on several other blogs I read.

So are you an honorary Texan? (the TX Connection blog roll.)

13 January, 2006 20:54  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

Honorary Texan? Well, I suppose so. As long as it's only honorary...

That question reminds me of stories about certain activities increasing your risk of death.

You mean above 100%?

13 January, 2006 21:07  
Blogger Little Miss Chatterbox bloody well said...

This was entertaining and my apologies that you are stuck with Lincoln Chafee. "Like a fish needs a bicycle" :-)--Well said!!

13 January, 2006 23:15  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

Well, luckily he doesn't represent me, since I'm a Florida resident!

13 January, 2006 23:31  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home