Wednesday, January 18, 2006

They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha, Ha!

I'd like to dedicate this to the Marvelous Mad Mister Dean!

Artist: Napoleon XIV
Song: They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!

Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I'd go berserk?? Well...
You left me anyhow and then the days got worse and worse and now you see I've gone completely out of my mind.. And..
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa
To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!

You thought it was a joke and so you laughed, you laughed when I had said that loosing you would make me flip my lid.. RIGHT???
I know you laughed, I heard you laugh, you laughed you laughed and laughed and then you left, but now you know I'm utterly mad... And..

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa,
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.
To the happy home. With trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!

I cooked your food, I cleaned your house, and this is how you pay me back for all my kind unselfish loving deeds.. Huh??
Well you just wait, they'll find you yet and when they do they'll put you in the ASPCA, you mangy mutt!!! And...

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa.
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!
To the happy home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're coming to take me away, ha-haa!!!
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time...
But seriously.

A while back, I subscribed to the DNC mailing list to get an idea of what the heck they thought they were doing. Once you get inside these people's heads, there is apparently no turning back.

The Educated Shoprat points to an American Spectator article which describes Dean's reactions to Judiciary Committee Democrats questioning of Judge (soon to be Justice) Alito:
Dean is said to have bristled at what he saw as pallid attempts at the kind of deranged partisan hackery that the former Vermont governor has specialized in since taking the national stage, telling one associate angrily, "Those clowns are trying to work my side of the street!"
Ahem. Persecution fantasies? Paranoid much? Hmm... Look, not all Democrats are insane, I'm sure of it.
In an acrimonious phone call to Senator Joseph Biden, Dean mocked Biden's long-winded, intellectually incoherent questions for Alito as ineffective. "It's taking you an entire week to capsize your presidential hopes for '08. It's been done before and done better by yours truly!" Dean shouted at one point. Recalling the night of the 2004 Iowa caucuses, the DNC head drew an unflattering comparison with his ability to cause his own presidential campaign to self-destruct in a mere matter of minutes. "A couple of nonsense syllables like 'Eeeyargh' screamed at the top of your lungs are worth half an hour of that blathering about your Irish-American background, how you hate Princeton and Dianne Feinstein's eyeglasses any day of the week. It's idiosyncratic, sure, but who's going to think you're a raving lunatic after that? No one, that's who!" Dean reportedly yelled, adding that Biden was "playing in the big dog's yard now" as he slammed down the phone.
What the hell? I don't get how Biden is encroaching on Dean's turf, particularly since he's being paid to do the job that he does have (fundrasing for thte DNC) quite poorly. It's particularly tell, I think that the Democrats would appoint someone who was quite visibly "unhinged" (to steal a phrase) to lead their party. Having an unstable, delusional individual running things isn't exactly the way to build a cohesive agenda or contribute to political discourse. I think Dean is likely to blame for the party's rudderlessness and therefore the crazy things that the three-ring circus of the left says and does.

I'm not gloating, here, I'm concerned. Look, when you've got one party out of a two-party system full of directionless (at best) or barely sane (at worst) people, then you've got a one-party system. I agree with Republicans much of the time, but not all the time, and they need a reasonable, intelligent foil to keep them smart and in check. The lack of responsibile politicking on the minority party's part has led to excess and laziness on the majority party's part. Look at the Abrahmoff deal, for cryin' out loud. Where have the Reagan Republicans gone? Or the Reagan Democrats, for that matter?

John Shadegg has an excellent opinion piece on the Wall Street Journal today, promising to bring some sanity back to the House. More power to him.

"Governor" Dean sez:
Watching on a television in his office, Dean shook his head, saying at one point, "I think it may be time to take this bunch to school.
Riiiiiight. Hey buddy, you a head?

No, but I'm catching up!

Previous:
Accuse a Little, Lie a Little, Obfuscate a Little, Pontificate a Lot
Failure: When Your Best Just Isn't Good Enough
Can You Smell What The GOP is Cooking?
Soft Target

7 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Chatterbox bloody well said...

I just read shoprat's post and this is unbelievable. As if we didn't already think Howard Dean was completely psycho. And I asked Shoprat what is it about Vermont. You've got madman Howard Dean and this despicable Judge Cashman that gives a confessed child rapist 60 days in jail.

I think all rational people must've fled Vermont long ago.

18 January, 2006 13:45  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden bloody well said...

01 18 06

Excellent post. I agree with you in many many ways and have nothing to add-other than I should check out the links you cited:)

18 January, 2006 14:32  
Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon bloody well said...

Dean is a kook, the GOP's best friend.

Recently I read that people are moving away from Massachusetts to New Hampshire and Vermont. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

18 January, 2006 15:34  
Blogger Rebekah bloody well said...

I agree with Patrick. I just hope the GOP doesn't become too complacent just because they happen to have YEEAAAARRRGH!!!! Howard Dean in there. Could be easy to do! :)

18 January, 2006 21:18  
Blogger shoprat bloody well said...

Thanks for the plug.

I wonder if he can be certified as crazy. He sure looks it to me.

18 January, 2006 22:46  
Blogger Blenster bloody well said...

I promise not all of us are nuts. I'm trying to do my part to speak out against Democratic insanity on my blog. We're not unreasonable people. At least, I hope not. I lean heavily to the center and to the libertarian/Jeffersonian viewpoints, so I'm not a "radical" liberal democrat.

19 January, 2006 11:21  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

Hey Blenster, thanks for saying that, because I agree. Understand I'm talking about the Party, not folks who vote Democrat. Sure, you see a lot of raving moonbats on TV, but their attention-whoring makes them seem greater in number than they really are. My best friend is a liberal and we have very reasonable discussions about politics without throttling each other or yelling talking points. The extremists in a party cast bad light on the whole party, but the Democrat party put one in charge. What's reasonable about that?

19 January, 2006 22:16  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home