Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Thing You Nail People To

What would Hüsker Dü? Ha! I kill me!

Uff-da, because I've got a good five pages of stuff handwritten that I want to dump into the blog and I have no time to do it. I love all the comments on the previous posts, though. I have to tell you, I was concerned about blogging because I expected to attract insane people, but the discussion we've been having are really intelligent, well-thought out and mature.

Here's a piece that really stemed me up as I was sitting in class pretending to pay attention this morning. Kathleen Parker at TownHall.com relates the ridiculous yet sad situation in which LT Bryan Black finds himself.

Turns out he made some off-color comments on the Naval Academy YP cruise this summer in earshot of some female midshipmen. For details read the column; to summarize, he was investigated, reprimanded and thought that was the end of it. It turned out his immediate superior is a similar type of female officer as these female midshipmen would like to be and is now court martialing LT Black for: "(1) failure to obey a lawful general order or regulation; (2) conduct unbecoming an officer; and (3) indecent language."

Now, I know I've said that I try to watch my language around here because the Internet never forgets. Also because excessive cussing, to me, belies a limited vocabulary. Which is not to say that I can't swear like like a sailor, but there are more creative ways to say things. I'm glad I have, now, because apparently I could be court-martialed for it!

No one needs to make an example of LT Black. An example should be made of the females involved in this debacle. One reason male sailors dreaded the integration of Navy ships was this very situation. It's true, we a nice fraternal atmosphere where people were comfortable with being themselves around their shipmates. This kind of bullsh*t (like you can't tell what that says) kills morale. You need a thicker skin if you're going to be successful in the Navy. I hope all their names are made public, so we know exactly what to expect of them. When they try to pull this next time, we'll know that they just want to destroy people they don't like.

It gets worse.
[Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.)] is the sponsor of a 95-page bill that would create a Pentagon Office of Victim Advocacy (OVA). We may never win the war on terror, but we'll by golly win the war on hurt feelings.
Ain't that the truth? If you wonder why retention in the Navy sucks, I can point straight to that attitude. It isn't fun anymore, because people take themselves too seriously. This is my response. (Not for those who want me court-martialed.)

Lighten up.

3 Comments:

Blogger shoprat bloody well said...

Lieutenant Commander Michelle Whisenhunt needs to be kicked out of the service with a green discharge certificate. Such a person has absolutely no business being an officer in our military.

12 January, 2006 19:51  
Blogger Nicki bloody well said...

Lieutenant Cdr. Whisenc*nt needs to have sexual relations with a live, writhing hedgehog. And so should that oozing sore on the ass of humanity Louise Slaughter.

I would submit, however, that it's not the mere presence of women that is causing this politically correct atmosphere, but the caliber of self-entitled, whiny, "I'm the center of the universe princess" females who entered the military to be the special, privileged minority.

I know you know what kind I'm talking about...

12 January, 2006 20:24  
Blogger Crazy Politico bloody well said...

Now for the defense of the women (not the one's in this story though).

I've spent the last 14 years working with and for women in the Navy, from every paygrade from e-1 to O-6

95% of them are hard working, want to do their job, get ahead, get advanced, and either learn a trade, make a career, or do their time and get out.

The other 5% are the pampered princess types, who don't have a thick enough skin, and who probably shouldn't have joined in the first place.

The problem is numbers. When you have 30 women on a small ship, it's very evident when 1 or 2 are pains in the ass, who create friction. Because there are about 300 men on the same ship (Cruiser sized), it's less evident when a few of them are problems.

And, as far as "sexual issues" a very wise woman (my wife) once told another sailors wife, "If your husband can keep it in his pants, women on the ship won't be an issue". Men are just as much to blame for a lot of problems, more so in a lot of cases.

12 January, 2006 20:37  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home