Friday, March 03, 2006

Priceless

So it turns out that I almost have the entire day off today. A friend of mine is having a retirement ceremony later and then an intelligence brief this afternoon (always interesting, you can imagine) and my entire morning free to read my paper, drink my coffee and catch up on blogging a bit. Of course, I should be studying for that big test next week. Retakes are the pits.

I love Jon Stewart. In a purely platonic, admiration kind of way; he's too short, not my type. I might even watch the Oscars this year if he's hosting. Oh, I know his politics are super liberal, but everybody is the butt of his jokes. I just read this excerpt from an interview he did on the Larry King show in Daniel Henninger's Wonderland column in the Wall Street Journal:
Larry King suggested to Jon Stewart that the current low ebb of the Democrats and Republicans was good for Mr. Stewart's business.

King: So, in a sense you're happy over this.

Stewart: No.

King: This gives you fodder.

Mr. Stewart replied that if government "began to solve problems in a rational way rather than just a way that involved political dividends, we would be the happiest people in the world to turn our attention to idiots like, you know, media people, no offense."

King: So, you don't want it to be bad?

Stewart: Did you really just ask me if I want it to be bad?

King: Yes because you--

Stewart: What are you--I have kids. What do you think? I want things to corrode to the point where we're all living in huts?

King: You don't want Medicare to fail?

Stewart: Are you insane?

I'm with him. Every thing he does an interview with an MSM-type, he completely blows them out of the water. Ka-pow, Tucker Carlson!

The rest of the Henninger column is worth a read. Go on, you know you want to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home