Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sweet Love Down by the Fire

I fell asleep before Chef's final episode on South Park came on eariler this week, but I got lucky and got to hear Stan's eulogy on the radio on the way to work the next morning:
"A lot of us don't agree with the choices the Chef has made in the last few days," one of the children eulogizes him at a funeral. "Some of us feel hurt and confused that he seemed to turn his back on us. But we can't let the events of the past few weeks take away the memories of how Chef made us smile."

"We shouldn't be mad at Chef for leaving us," the eulogy concludes. "We should be mad at that fruity little club for scrambling his brains."
...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I laughed so hard I cried.

You can see the banned episode "Trapped in the Closet" here. Also, Patrick has a terrific post about Scientology; if you don't know anything about it, DON'T ASK A SCIENTOLOGIST. Personally, I think anyone deciding to devote themselves to any belief system better read the fine print. Patrick is one guy who seems to have picked a little bit of everything from the buffet.

Me? I'll skip the buffet and get a plate of eggs benedict at my favorite diner. I'm a bit of loner that way.

Previous:
What is Religion For?

8 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon bloody well said...

I missed Chef's last appearance but, thanks to you, I did catch Dr Who. It's great.

25 March, 2006 12:37  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

I know, I forgot about Doctor Who until the last minute, I only caught the last 15 minutes.

I think I'm going to buy the first season DVD set. My birthday's coming up in a couple weeks, maybe I should drop the hint to the wife!

25 March, 2006 18:32  
Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon bloody well said...

I recorded two more episodes and am going to watch them tonight. That sounds like a good birthday present.

25 March, 2006 22:48  
Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon bloody well said...

Just finished watching Eps 2 and 3 and found out that the DVD comes out July 4th. We recorded reruns so maybe SciFi will show the Ep you missed again.

26 March, 2006 01:30  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden bloody well said...

03 27 06

You guys have to see the last episode when it repeats. It was unbelievable. If you have by this point, well it was disturbing to say the least. I understand the underlying message of the cartoon, but they quite forcifully rid the show of the Chef character in a bad way. I DO think that Mr. Hayes' departure from the show after they ridiculed his religion/life philosophy is incongrous with the fact that he routinely has bashed other religions on the show. That is why everyone likes Southpark; it is irreverent and nothing is safe from its clutches. Oh well. Maybe he will get commercial work for Pier 1 Imports or something.

27 March, 2006 17:43  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

It's sad about Isaac Hayes. You can tell that Parker and Stone really like him and have enjoyed working with him all these years. I think it's unfortunate that people let their beliefs blind them.

But Isaac Hayes is not Barry White.

28 March, 2006 07:31  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin bloody well said...

L. Ron Hubbard wasn't even a good pulp writer. But he was still laughing all the way to the bank.

BZ

28 March, 2006 16:36  
Blogger The Best [ Chance ] bloody well said...

I knew that White conservatives would sink down the morality ladder someday, well now they are within spitting distance of becoming a people of color party like the democrats have been for the last 40 years. This is very good for America, we will all be united for real now.


Peace on that.



By Chance

29 March, 2006 04:28  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home