Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ten Things I've Done You Probably Haven't

1. Written a letter to my girlfriend while sitting on top of a nuclear reactor.
2. Made lefse from scratch.
3. Passed out drunk in a parking lot in Japan. (Two-for-one kamikazes!)
4. Had Joan Jett sign my pants.
5. Had the deck while firing a missile. Three times.
6. Traversed the Panama Canal six times.
7. Walked under a ship in drydock.
8. Said, "Jesus has a hard on." In church. Out loud.
9. Rode my bike from Minneapolis to Chicago.
10. Sang "Sweet Transvestite" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show at a redneck bar karaoke night in front of all my friends, hip shaking and everything, and lived to tell the tale.

Bonus: I sort of invaded Cuba once.

It's a meme, gank and participate if you like!

8 Comments:

Blogger Gyrobo bloody well said...

Yes... more random blurbs for the Roboshrub Inc. random blurb array! Good... good... let it flow through you... I shall take from you the fruits of your labors, and convert it into a concatenation of stringy glory!

May the Force be with you.

07 March, 2006 12:05  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

Why do I feel like I'm the victim of an upskirt camera when you look at my source code?

Weird.

07 March, 2006 12:47  
Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon bloody well said...

Holy cow! And I thought I was weird. You're a oner, Matt. What's lefse?

08 March, 2006 01:36  
Blogger Little Miss Chatterbox bloody well said...

This a great meme, I may have to do this.

I finally did a post on the port deal. In doing my research I thought you did the best and most informative post on it. So I linked to your post and recommended everyone read it if they hadn't already.

08 March, 2006 02:25  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

LMC: Thanks for the promo! Glad you liked the post.

Patrick: Lefse is like a potato tortilla. My great-grandmother used to give it to us as a snack cold rolled up with butter and sugar inside. It's fun to make and pretty tasty. Also good with PB&J and other stuff, I'm sure.

08 March, 2006 11:01  
Blogger Rebekah bloody well said...

You are wierd... LOL, I may have to do that too.

08 March, 2006 17:55  
Blogger paul the pirate (Yar!) bloody well said...

Hah! Stuff and experiences I think we've got in common:

1) Sneaking up a gangway inebriated, then tripping on the last step, causing a scene.
2) Cursing a local pilot for his rampant B.O.
3) Asking the lookout if he saw the missing Dhow that was crossing the bow a moment ago.
4) Sold or bought something from Charlie Brown while transiting the Ditch.
5) Kicked a chicken bone at a linehandler in Gatun Lake
6) Relieved Over The Side
7) Scars on the shin from hatch coamings

09 March, 2006 23:08  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

1) You sneak up the gangway inebriated? I though everyone was stumbling up the gangway inebriated and causing a scene.
3) You were on the JFK, eh?
6) Every chance I get
7) I had forgotten where those came from!

10 March, 2006 16:21  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home