Saturday, April 22, 2006

Now That's What I Call a Sticky Situation

You know, I was browsing a few of the recently updated blogs on my blogroll, and I came across a funny story on RightWinged, which reminded me of a story of my own.

My first thought about Ben & Jerry's Black & Tan flavored ice cream was: "Mmm, beer..."

My second thought was Red's run-in with them in late 2004.

You know what's fun is using Ben & Jerry's hippie sensibilities against them. One day, Red and a friend of hers walked into the local Ben & Jerry's downtown on Thames St. where the staff were discussing a beached whale Brenton Point, at the entrance to Newport harbor. One particularly enthusiastic employee was saying that he was going to go out and kill the whale, "How much bubble gum can you make from a whale?" he asked my wife, a veterinary technician and animal lover. She was so offended that she couldn't say a thing to the kid. Like it would've mattered, he was clearly an idiot.

So she comes home and relates the tale to me and how frustrated and angry she was. I, knowing of Ben & Jerry's advertised hyper-liberal sensibilities, have an "a-ha".

"Let's email the company and tell them what happened, maybe they'll fire him."

"No, I don't want to..." she said, never one to seek confrontation.

"Oh, c'mon, let me do it, just to see what they do."

They eventually replied with an apology and a promise to look into them matter along with coupons for free ice cream!

So the moral of this story is to use liberalism against the liberals and get free ice cream!

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon bloody well said...

Poetic justice.

25 April, 2006 22:08  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home