Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tue... Thursday Trivia!

I know, not much substance these days. But if you can't have substance, at least you can have fun. I'm working on a stack of flash cards right now, they're already an inch thick and I've still got a week and a half before the next test.

If you're looking for subtance please read Iraq the Model's last post. They've lost a member of their family to the terrorists in Iraq, but Mohammed's post about their loss really reminds me why America's leadership in the world is important and who the real heroes are. (TFHT: Michael Yon)

Anyway, last week's answers:
Q: What was the first movie ever released on DVD?
A: Twister (1996)
Game over, man! Game over!

Q: What movie did I refence in the bold yellow comment above, and what was the name of the lead actor's latest album?
A: I'm glad I'm not the only one who digs "Weird Al" Yankovic and his cult hit, "UHF"! Tony, writer of the interesting RollingDoughnut.com, is working hard to out-geek me. Tony asked if he gets anything special... sure! If you think a being blogrolled is special.

And the bonus:
Q: What is the speed of light in furlongs per fortnight?
A: About 1802617499827.2 furlongs per fortnight, good work, Crazy P!

This week's Questions:
Q: How long is a "rod"? In what context is this unit of measurement used?
Q: By what pseudonym is actor Bob Einstein better known? On what TV show did he become famous?
Q: Only two U.S. Navy ships currently in commision have fought and sunk other ships. Which two are they?

Tune in tomorrow, I think I'm going to have to get a couple of things off my chest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico bloody well said...

1. Rod is a measure of length (16.5 ft or 1 perch). Generally used in land measurement, 1 acre=160 rods.
2. Super Dave Osbourne
3. I should know but don't.

21 April, 2006 06:59  
Anonymous Tony bloody well said...

I do think that's a special bonus. Thanks.

As for the trivia, absolutely no idea. I will say that I loved Super Dave when he guest-starred on Arrested Development.

Oh, wait, is the follow-up to the Super Dave question the Late Show with David Letterman?

21 April, 2006 07:05  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

I can't believe I stumped Bob with Navy trivia.

I wouldn't say land measurement is a common use of a rod, though... At least not the way you're using it, since an acre is area and a rod is length.

21 April, 2006 20:20  
Blogger Crazy Politico bloody well said...

One of them is the Constitution, realized it shortly after I posted. Still having a tough time with the second, though I'd guess it's a frigate that maybe took out a gunboat in the gulf at some point during the tanker "war" in the 1980's.

While a rod is length, but the most used measurement with a rod is square rods (area) for large tracts of land.

22 April, 2006 20:53  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home