Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tuesday Trivia

Hi there! Got my hands full as always, especially if you've been following the circumcision conversation below. I am spending my evening learning more than I ever wanted to know about alternating current motors and motor controllers, and will hopefully get dug in to fluid mechanics before I lose consciousness.

Meanwhile, for those of you with nothing better to do, it's Tuesday Trivia! Right answers get you linkage and perhaps a special prize, if it amuses me. Wrong answers get you nothing! Absolutely nothing! STUPID! You're so STU-PIIIIIIIIIIID!

Q: Where was Thomas Edison's laboratory?
A: Menlo Park, NJ... Patrick was close. Sort of.

Q: What is the area of a hockey rink between the blue lines and the goal lines called?
A: The end zone

Try your hand at these!
Q: What was the first movie ever released on DVD?
Q: What movie did I refence in the bold yellow comment above, and what was the name of the lead actor's latest album?

Bonus!
Q: What is the speed of light in furlongs per fortnight?

EDIT: I'd also like to share that I had popcorn for dinner tonight. Because I can. That would make a great name for a band, "Popcorn for Dinner." It's got a ring to it, doesn't it?

11 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico bloody well said...

The bonus answer is 1802617499827.2, if you are using 670,616,629.4 mph for the speed of light.

11 April, 2006 21:25  
Blogger Gyrobo bloody well said...

Der! A fortnight is two weeks. A Furlong is an alien species residing in the Andromeda galaxy. The two are indeterminate!

12 April, 2006 07:56  
Anonymous Tony bloody well said...

Q: What movie did I refence in the bold yellow comment above, and what was the name of the lead actor's latest album?

A: UHF, starring Weird Al Yankovic. One of the most underappeciated movies of all time. His latest album... Poodle Hat.

Bonus points since no googling was necessary?

12 April, 2006 08:21  
Blogger Gayle bloody well said...

Just call me "stupid" RS. I'm not even going to try because I haven't a clue. I did think the movie was "Dumb and Dumber." Guess not.

Popcorn for dinner? Okay.... ? :)

12 April, 2006 09:28  
Blogger Little Miss Chatterbox bloody well said...

LOL-- How is anyone supposed to know which movie was the first one on DVD without using google????????

12 April, 2006 10:43  
Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon bloody well said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12 April, 2006 13:29  
Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon bloody well said...

What is the speed of light in furlongs per fortnight?

The same as it always is. :)

12 April, 2006 13:30  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

LMC: I knew it off the top of my head! Now, trying to remember how to calculte the number of poles in an AC motor...

Tony, I love you, man. Always nice to meet another fan. I have a picture of me and Weird Al together after a show around here somewhere...

12 April, 2006 18:00  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

Crazy P got the speed of light.

Anyone surprised?

LMC go ahead and Google it, I don't care if you cheat. ;) Actually, I'd be surprised if it came up on a Google search. I tried it, but it didn't.

12 April, 2006 18:03  
Blogger Crazy Politico bloody well said...

Yes, I'm surprised. BTW, I googled the speed of light in MPH since I only deal with it in relation to a radar mile (12.4 microseconds).

13 April, 2006 12:27  
Blogger Rebekah bloody well said...

I'm like Gayle! Ain't got a clue. LOL.

13 April, 2006 13:27  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home