Friday, May 26, 2006

Catching My Breath

I suppose it goes without saying that posting is and will continue to be sporadic here at PCIF. Those of you with kids probably know that while my interest in current events hasn't changed, my time and inclination to write about them of late absolutely have. I've been getting a lot more satisfaction out of staring at him, rocking him, burping him and changing his diaper. Trying hard to be a good dad and husband; I don't think I could do much worse than this guy. Thank goodness the bar is set so low. Thanks for everyone's well-wishes; Jack and Red are doing great. They're unconscious right now, as I probably ought to be, having been up since about 0430.

Some servicemembers do that as a habit, but I've never been a morning person. Sure, Jack woke us up, but I had to get going anyway because I had my last test ever here at the Surface Warfare Officers School. With the Prospective Engineer Course over in two weeks, there's finally a sense of brushing the dust of this New England tourist town off my boots and movin' on.

Before that, I'll be heading down to New York on Monday for Fleet Week... well, not actually for Fleet Week, but during Fleet Week. I'll be visiting one of the ships for training, but c'mon, it's Fleet Week! My final week in Newport will be consumed with Engineering Casualty Controls Drills evaluated by our friends Afloat Training Group (they're here to help).

So the family and I will be moving down to Jacksonville, Florida, and June will likely involve little to no blogging while we get situated and I turn over as Chief Engineer. Then I'm off on deployment, so, depending on connectivity there won't be much activity here, either. Y'know, for about six months.

My hope is to be able to blog the deployment. It ain't Iraq, but I wouldn't be going if it weren't important. More about that later, anyway. Hope you have a terrific Memorial Day weekend

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony bloody well said...

I think it's admirable that you're getting satisfaction out of being a good dad and husband! The month of June is coming and I want to say early...keep in touch, mkay?

27 May, 2006 16:19  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

Oh, you bet. I want to post here during the deployment, but if I can't, I'll put you on the mass email list.

27 May, 2006 19:25  
Blogger Lone Pony bloody well said...

Great Matt! Thanks! Oh, and tell Red, I'm only a little strange. LOL

27 May, 2006 21:55  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home