Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bittersweet

Well, it wasn't quite what I expected, but I'm home finally.

It just happened that Red had to work today when we pulled into Mayport, so after I had met with all the maintenance folks waiting for us on the pier I hitched aide home with MPA and his wife. Went out for a run and started some laundry - boring stuff that I just don't get to do underway. Later, I'll make some dinner. Ah, cooking my own food.

Red ought to be home soon with Jack. I offered to pick him up from daycare, but she's dead-set on seeing the look on my face. So, I'm cleaning house and thinking or what to buy for groceries while listening to the radio.

And loving it. I'm itching to hold Jack and kiss Red and just relax with my family tonight for the first time in months.

Two more weeks and I'm back on deployment.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger L. Riofrio bloody well said...

HI Matthew: I understand how you feel about 9/11. I was on duty that day in the hangar, didn't see it live because some dolt had removed the Duty Office TV as a distraction. After that day many of us were itching to get in action, but that never happened in my corner of the Navy. Those also serve who sit and wait, there will be plenty of action in the future.

22 September, 2006 19:40  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden bloody well said...

09 23 06

Hey Matthew:
Glad you are back with Red and Jack. Sounds like you have really gone through some adventures during your time away. I am so happy that you made it home in one piece:)

23 September, 2006 22:43  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home