Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Miracles of Modern Technology

Those of you who have been checking up on me, I tell you now how much I've appreciated it over the last couple of months. It's been rough - ocean crossings are never much fun and always long and difficult for the crew. You've been assuming I haven't posted because I'm busy - which I am - but in fact it due to the lack of bandwidth and reliable Internet. I haven't even been able to get online for weeks.

So this weekend I might have some time to post about the european deployment and what-have-you, but right now I'm bogged down with inspection preparations (we have an assessment on Monday; remember ULTRA-S?) Our local Afloat Training Group is giving us a "free look" to assist us in succeeding on Monday, meaning I'm working my sailors extra hard today.

But I am back in frigid Mayport, Jack and Red are doing fantastic - in the last six weeks, Jack has begun sitting up on his own, getting on his hands and knees and just about crawling. Last night was a less than wonderful homecoming due to my having been awake for 72 hours and falling asleep when i really wanted to spend time with my family. I'm hoping now that I've rested a bit, Thusrsday, Friday and Saturday will be more rewarding.

More later, have to go kick butt.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden bloody well said...

11 22 06

Glad that you have posted again. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures! Happy Thanksgiving to you Red and Jack!

22 November, 2006 16:03  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin bloody well said...

Thanksgiving?

Here are some of MY thanks:

I give thanks there are military persons such as yourself willing to sacrifice and give of yourself and your family on behalf of the country I inhabit.

I give thanks that we can still find men and women like yourself with a drive to defend our country whilst the bulk of our citizenry thrives from your sacrifice.

I give thanks that I still speak English and not, for example, Farsi.

If you get my meaning.

Happy Thanksgiving sir, and I wish blessings upon you, your ship and your family and friends.

BZ

22 November, 2006 21:52  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home