Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I Win

I want you to know that my ship did extremely well last week dring INSURV, all the hard work and preparation definitely paid off and I couldn't be prouder of my sailors. They did a fantastic job. We were above Fleet average and class average in all but one area (not Engineering). I appreciate your patience with the blog while I deal with real life.

So, now we've got a bit of time to spend with family and get ready for the impending deployment. I've been leaving Jack with the day care lady (his "Nanny") while I try to get the house ready for all the family and friends coming into town for the baptism this weekend. Mahndisa brought up a good point in comments about the philosophical conflict between my wife and I on baptizing my son. Well, folks: happy wife, happy marriage. Additionally, the compromise is that we are doing it in the naval tradition on the ship in the bell.

I have my work cut out for me at the house. First, just look at what the chinchbugs did to my lawn. I came home off deployment and it was dead. Red and I raked up most of the front yard and threw it away, then reseeded it. I think we're going to have to re-reseed it.



I just took a break from trying to finish up he tile in my sunroom. We had the sunroom installed, but didn't buy a floor, anticipating using the carpet left over from carpeting the house. But Red changed her mind since it wasn't indoor/outdoor carpet and we laid tile. I'm cleaning up the grout now and I'm having difficulty getting my fingers to move the way I want them to. Pardon my typing.



If you've never laid tile, don't. I mean, wow, it's a lot of work and I have an extreme sense of personal satisfaction from working on my very own house and putting a bit of myself into it, but every time I work on the floor I end up hurting a lot by the end of the day. It's also extremely time consuming, and as a result, I have to bring Jack to day care instead of spending my time off with him. Full circle, eh?



So here's some project progress pictures, since I'm really proud of doing this myself for the first time and I'm high on the intrinsic satisfaction of my personal accomplishment. I've started hearing about what's going on the world again - I've been listening to the news, Neal Boortz, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity while I work - and I want to find out a bit more about the whole Walter Reed "scandal" because I've got a bit to say about it. If you want to know what socialized medicine would be like, look no further than the military health care system, folks.


I'd like to elaborate on that after I finish the floor and pick up Jack from day care.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico bloody well said...

Hey, cool way to do the baptism. My son was baptized on the New Jersey, though the bell weighs just over 800lbs, so we did it under, not in, the bell.

Nice looking room. Give me a call when you are ready to tackle some hardwood flooring :)

09 March, 2007 10:00  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

No hardwood; laminate. It's all about laminate flooring these days.

09 March, 2007 14:53  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden bloody well said...

03 15 07

hehhehhe I suppose laminate flooring is quite sensible when you have the little one about! It will save you money too. I recall seeing some newer laminate floors and was quite impressed. The only way you can tell is that they don't make that same sound that hardwood floors make. Glad to know Jack got baptized in a way acceptable to both of you and Glad to know you are well otherwise.

Take Care of yourself so you keep coming back ya hear:)

15 March, 2007 22:18  
Anonymous Anonymous bloody well said...

There is no Soviet Union anymore, but everybody remember those great victories and defeats. We trusted in idea and we made our history through great losses... http://backinussr.com/

17 March, 2007 07:38  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home