Saturday, November 03, 2007

Geekgasm!

I'm sitting here in the hotel room vegging out after a great run with the DCH4 and I saw a trailer finally for Beowulf. I have no idea how long they been showing trailers, but I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman and have been waiting for this movie for a few years. I thought MirrorMask was terrific, in case anyone else saw that.

And just as I was thinking about how cool that was, yet another trailer comes on for Hogfather. Good grief, one of my other favorite authors, Terry Pratchett, finally got a Discworld novel made into a TV movie. It looks very cool, the effects seemed very good, I only hope I'm able to catch it, since I will be home for Thanksgiving. I don't think I'm alone in wishing the Discworld novels could get a good screen treatment.

Whew, anyway, coming down off the geekgasm now. Thank you, drive through.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Laila bloody well said...

Actually Hogfather has already been released in the U.K., but of course it isn't being released here in the U.S. until this month. *rolls eyes* But anyway, it was so successful in the U.K. (it broke some records and won a bafta) that they're making another one based on Color of Magic and Light Fantastic, which will come out in 2008 in the U.S. (there's a bunch of information on this Discworld fansite

04 November, 2007 11:13  
Blogger Robosquirrel bloody well said...

Yeah, I noticed that when I looked it up IMDB. I also have been deployed quite a bit lately and have completely lost track of most things going on outside the lifelines. Thanks for the link and the info!

04 November, 2007 11:29  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home