Monday, April 21, 2008

Interesting Times

I feel a little sad about PCIF reverting back to dead blog status after what I thought was a rather successful run. I will certainly pick it up again when I have more time. I don't know how other servicemen, especially those in the Iraq, are able to manage blogging along with keeping the world safe for democracy. I suspect it has something to do with shipboard life.

I'm basically on a 24-hour clock. Sure I have a little downtime here and there, but as far as what's going on in the world, I couldn't tell you. I have lost all awareness of the presidential election, let alone any of the other issues that interest and I used to write about frequently. Not that the news isn't available, but here I am, Chief Engineer and Senior Watch Officer on a U.S. warship in the Persian Gulf, and I am just a bit on the busy side. We find a way to use all 24 hours and then some of every day. I can't say the same is true for other services, but I've been wrong before.

When you stand ten hours of watch every day and don't make port for a month or longer, all the days just kind of bleed together. I'd have to think real hard to remember that it is Monday (it is Monday, right?). I could spit on Iran from here.

So, if you're a reader or someone I've traded links with or just randomly Googling me, perhaps there will be more to say later, but there is much going on right now that there is not much to report. Red, Mom, and the rest of my family: I love you and will get in touch as soon as I can. I have been keeping my Facebook page slightly more regularly updated with photos and other random junk.

Stay frosty, blogosphere.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mister Baatard bloody well said...

Well, I'll be checking back regularly to see if you somehow find more time to blog. In anticipation of that, I'm adding you to my blogroll (again). Good hunting.

01 May, 2008 04:25  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin bloody well said...

I for one appreciate the time you took to keep PCIF alive whilst it was possible. Be safe and healthy!

BZ

15 May, 2008 15:23  
Anonymous Anonymous bloody well said...

Wow, People Covered in Fish.... the name of my old band in the early 90's. We were from Exeter in Devon, England!!!

Be nice to the name.....

PCIF (UK)

18 November, 2008 13:03  
Blogger M. Rigmaiden bloody well said...

OK Matthew, I see you have let PCIF go dead again. I hope you, Red and your baby are swell.

We used to argue about whether or not we lived under oligarchal tyranny. Do you think TARP qualifies as evidence? Heh!

16 December, 2009 19:35  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home